Yoga Playgrounds is hiring kids yoga teachers!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
As the interest in kids yoga grows, so does the demand for our classes. Yoga Playgrounds is actively seeking yoga teachers who are interested in teaching yoga to kids on site at schools throughout Portland and the surrounding cities.
Yoga Playgrounds is Portland’s premier school based yoga enrichment program for kids founded in 2010. We are a group of passionate, enthusiastic yoga teachers who offer fun, engaging yoga classes to hundreds of kids on site at nearly 40 schools each week. (we teach yoga summer camps on site at schools too!) Classes are held Monday-Friday between 8:30-4:00 at preschools, daycares and elementary schools. Classes are generally scheduled in 4 seasons (fall, winter, spring, summer), and meet once a week for 45 minutes in 8-10 week sessions. Each teacher is responsible for creating their own curriculum and delivering a fun, educational yoga class each week for the duration of the session. New teachers can expect to teach between 2-3 classes each week to start, with the opportunity to teach more classes after 3 months.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible scheduling
* A supportive and enthusiastic community of kids yoga teachers to collaborate and share ideas with
* Growth opportunities
* Completion of a 200hr teacher training or kids yoga training. Teachers create their own class plans, so a thorough knowledge of yoga is essential.
* Experience working with kids in a paid or volunteer formal environment is essential- babysitting/nannying does not count.
* Afternoon availability at least 2 days per week.
* A car – you’ll need to transport your yoga mats to each class (we will provide them)
* Ability to pass an Oregon Childcare background check and obtain liability insurance
Please answer the following questions and email them to Leslie at email@example.com. Candidates with little or no teaching experience will be asked to submit a sample class plan.
1) Why do you want to teach with Yoga Playgrounds?
2) What qualifications do you have to teach yoga to kids?
3) What’s your teaching experience?
4) What experience do you have working with groups of kids?
Questions? Call Leslie at 541-778-4541. Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!